At DICE we love to push boundaries with creativity, passion, and the constant ambition to create something extraordinary. To do that we need the right people for the job. With the next challenge on the horizon we want to expand our VFX team. We’re looking for VFX Artists across all seniority levels, from both game and film backgrounds, to join our team of content creators and help improve our in-game visual effects for the future.
Who you will work with
The DICE VFX team works together with other disciplines, such as environment artists and sound designers to bring the visual effects to life. As effects are often very technical and tie into many aspects of the Frostbite game engine, the team works hand-in-hand with engineers at Frostbite and DICE to make use of the latest rendering features and workflows.
As a studio we encourage career development, well-being and fun, which in the VFX team translates to a high degree of creative ownership, a democratic decision-making process and plenty of growth opportunities both inside and outside of the team. We promote realistic and sustainable planning to provide a healthy work-life balance. We also organize activities such as workshops, life drawing sessions and regular team meals to bring the team closer together and foster a fun and inclusive workplace.
What you will do
As a VFX Artist you will help us push the visual quality of our games to the next level. On a daily basis you will report to the Lead VFX Artist in your project, meeting to review your work and discuss progress about project deliveries.
You will also:
- Together with your team, plan, create and implement effects for environments and gameplay elements (e.g. weapons, vehicles, destructables etc.).
- Ensure that your effects live up to our visual and technical targets.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other other artists in your team.
- Promote and enforce structure, such as naming conventions and documentation.
- Help develop future tools, engage with the VFX team cross-project and share knowledge and best practices.
Who you are
Regardless if your background is in games or film, what’s most important is what you bring to the table and that you have a basic understanding of game engines and real-time effects.
You are also:
- Someone with 2+ years of experience as a VFX Artist in the video games or film industry.
- Proficient in current generation industry-standard tools and workflows, such as Maya, Photoshop and Houdini.
- Experienced at interpreting and breaking down reference material and concept art to understand how things behave in real-life and have a comprehension of realistic appearance and believable motion.
- Aware of memory and technical constraints while working, and can balance visual quality with performance.
- A person who actively contributes to a collaborative, transparent and learning culture within the team and who takes an active interest in improving the craft.
Good for you to know
This is a permanent position and only applicants with a portfolio will be considered. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
Even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives, so regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you want to become the next generation of DICErs.