We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Concept Artist who is eager to push visual quality to the next level.
As a Senior Concept Artist you will be working closely with the Art Director and other creative leads to help establish and enhance the visual direction for the game.
Work task examples:
- Create awe inspiring imagery that defines the mood and tone of all games in development at the studio
- Create visual target images together with the Art Director to convey or establish visual direction
- Create readable designs for environments, characters, props, weapons and vehicles that can be translated into 3D assets
- Paint overs of existing level geometry to guide the work of other artists
- Help craft style guides and creative briefs for external developers
Skills We Look For:
- Deep understanding of lighting, composition and mood
- Strong sense of industrial design, anatomy and shape language
- Basic understanding of cinematic techniques for storyboarding purposes
- Ability to create stunning imagery that translates well into game play
- Effective collaboration skills
- Able to turn high-level feedback into positive results
- Highly proficient with Photoshop or similar image editing software
- Basic 3D software knowledge
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.