We are EA Frostbite
We entertain millions of people across the globe by crafting the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Making great experiences is hard work, which is why we employ creative and passionate people.
The challenge ahead
Frostbite is our technology platform for diverse game franchises, being used by thousands of developers to craft experiences such FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. To enable our game makers to create fantastic experiences, they need high-quality tools which evolves over the years. This is where Frostbite Quality Engineering comes in.
We are looking for someone who will drive our test coverage capabilities forward. As an embedded Software Engineer in Test, you will empower the entire Frostbite team to raise the quality bar through the solutions that you create.
What a Software Engineer in Test (SET) does at Frostbite
You will be a key contributor to our automation efforts by collaboratively identifying areas suitable for testing, designing scripts and implement these using our existing framework and tools. Being embedded means that you will work together with our developers and quality analysts to define solutions which accounts for the unique demands that automating specific technology brings.
This role will work to greatly improve the existing test methods and open up new capabilities for the entire team. The engine is created to be used by a variety of game makers, so you will have the opportunity to work on a plethora of areas, all the way from user-facing features to back end technology. As a SET you will be an important part of Frostbite, as the work you do improves the quality process and capabilities of the entire team.
What is Frostbite QE looking for?
- 2+ years experience with C# (.NET) and C++
- Previous experience working collaboratively with team members on a common code base using version control tools (Perforce, Git, etc)
- Familiarity with common automation technology and frameworks, including automated functional tests and unit tests (MS Test framework)
- A team player with solid collaboration and communication skills, ready to work with people distributed across multiple locations
- Self-organized, able to prioritize conflicting demands
- Motivated to continuously learn and improve
Nice to have
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages)
- Understanding of software development processes, continuous integration, and build systems
- Previous experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc)
- Having worked in an Agile/Scrum work environment
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we look after our staff. In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is critical to our long-term success.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and introduction letter in English explaining why you want to work at Frostbite, and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
We look forward to receiving your application!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.