Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
What does a Frostbite Integration Team Software Engineer do?
This person is part of a team that helps the game studios integrate new versions of the Frostbite engine, and supports tooling and processes to improve integrations. You’ll partner with other leaders in the integration team to drive improvements and share knowledge between the different global groups that we have.
The main responsibility is to assist, support and/or partner with game teams using Frostbite to do integration work, which includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Managing integration projects / ensuring smooth delivery of engine to the game team
- Monitoring and updating metrics to help with risk mitigations
- Identifying integration toolchain opportunities and developing solutions
- Identifying and communicating root causes of divergence
- Keeping game teams informed with respect to new engine changes, and how they can reduce the cost of integrations
- Build and maintain positive relationships between Frostbite and game teams
Required Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of version control concepts and good practices
- 2-5 years of C++ development experience
- Experience with debugging large scale systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
It would also be nice if you have…
- Experience with C# and Python
- Experience with web development
- Experience in working with a distributed team
- Experience using Perforce
- Experience working with large scale game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.)
- Experience in software development for Xbox 1 and PS4
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.