We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognise that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
Who you will be working with
The DICE Stockholm 3D Art team consists of roughly 30 artists, spread out across our different projects. 3D Artists at DICE don’t just build assets, they are given the ownership and creative freedom to work collaboratively with designers, programmers and other art disciplines to bring our worlds alive.
At DICE we value career development, wellbeing and fun, which in the 3D Art team translates to regular team meetings across all projects to share knowledge and ensure everyone is up-to-date with the goings-on at the studio. We also put realistic and sustainable planning and scoping of our features as the number one priority, to ensure a healthy work-life balance. We also organise activities such as workshops, life drawing sessions and regular team meals.
If you join our team then we would love to get your input on how we can make it an even better place to join, grow and excel in!
What you will be doing
As a Lead 3D Artist you are the leader of your group, usually consisting of around 5-10 people, which means setting an example for your artists on how to behave and perform. You will be working closely with the Studio 3D Art Director and Content Craft Manager, meeting regularly to review assets and discuss progress about project deliverables as well as individual artists in your team.
You will also:
- Ensure that your team is delivering art to quality.
- Be the contact person for assets handled by your team on the project.
- Set a direction and plan for your team together with the Studio 3D Director.
- Ensure that your team set up briefs and assets correctly before being sent to external development teams.
- Ensure assets are updated correctly in the backlog together with the artists.
- Conduct regular art reviews with your team and directors.
- Working together with the Content Craft Manager to discuss feedback, training and performance of the artists in your team.
Who you are
- An individual with past experience as a 3D Artist in the video games industry.
- A people person who is driven to foster a collaborative, transparent and learning culture within the team.
- A good visual and verbal communicator including listening, coaching, mentoring, explaining, etc.
- Highly proficient with current generation industry-standard tools and workflows, such as Maya, Photoshop and the Substance suite.
- Experienced in sprint planning, scoping of work and creating and maintaining asset backlogs in software such as Shotgun.
- Able to balance multiple tasks and shifting priorities continuously and delegate work as necessary.
- Meticulously structured at setting and maintaining standards such as naming conventions and documentation.
Typical day-to-day tasks
- Review and feedback on assets made by the team.
- Be a go-to person for support and help.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Enforce naming convention and keep a clean database.
- Delegate tasks, bug fixes and polish requests as necessary.
- Handle communication within the 3D art team as well as interdisciplinary communication within the project where necessary.
- Maintain and update resource libraries and make sure to keep the asset benchmark library up to date.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We thought you might also like to know…
The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English. Only applicants with a portfolio will be considered and as part of the application process we might also ask you to perform a work assignment.
Even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds, ideas and perspectives and regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you’d like to become a part of the next generation of DICErs.