We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognise that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for a gameplay engineer. You will work in close collaboration with designers and create features for our live and upcoming games. You are eager to learn, happy to suggest improvements and come up with new ideas. You like to get a deep understanding of how things work and you don’t mind looking outside of your area if that is needed to get the job done. You take pride in your work and in the games we produce.
As a Gameplay Programmer you will
- Develop game features and implement new experiences for our players
- Adapt and maintain existing game features as our games and technology evolve over time
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance
- Structure and improve existing code to strive for an improved and well-structured code base
The skills we are looking for
- Professional experience with C++
- A good understanding of multithreaded execution, data structures and algorithms for code optimization
- Familiar with techniques used in developing network games
- Ability to prototype game features together with designers to rapidly prove out ideas
- Great communication skills that supports an open working environment in terms of feedback
- Experience with different visual scripting toolboxes is a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter. As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We thought you might also like to know…
As part of the application process, we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!