We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Full Stack Engineer Role
Development and Release Engineering is the intersection of DevOps, Release Management, Build Engineering, and Production Support. We take care of everything between a developer or creative’s desk and the console of a player in their sitting room. We run services to support development teams around the world. We debug why a level is not able to build – and who is best equipped to fix that. We are the superusers of Perforce and git, and we’re the experts at shipping games. We write our own technology when we have to, but prefer using well-known open source software. We enable EA to ship great games.
The Frostbite engine powers EA’s leading games and the Development & Release Engineering team is responsible for ensuring automated tests on the Frostbite codebase return quick and reliable results. We also create tools to help the global Frostbite development team to find and fix those code issues quickly.
You will report to the Engineering Manager based in Stockholm.
- Develop and Operate Continuous Integration for the Frostbite Engine
- Ensure the engine is in a good state and can be tested by QA
- Ensure builds are reliable and fast
- Work with people from around the world – we’re a global team
- Build and Maintain a complex business-critical production system for internal use
- Design systems working with the Technical Director and understanding the trade-offs
- Create internal dashboards and tools to be used by our team and the global Frostbite development team
- Programming backends in either C#, Java or Python
- Work with modern scripting languages
- Working with existing data backends – eg ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, Prometheus, SQL to sink and source that data
- We’re an international team who communicate in English – You’ll need to be comfortable talking and writing about complex technical details in English
- Familiarity with CI software and workflows
- A team collaborator; shares knowledge and responsibilities
- Desire to learn new technologies; both open-source and internal EA systems
- A Computing degree or equivalent professional experience (2+ years)
- We need to create internal UIs so experience with frontend frameworks like Angular or React are desirable (but not mandatory)
What tech are we using?
Although it is not required to have experience in our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
- Windows 10, Ubuntu, Debian
- Jenkins CI
- Docker, DC/OS, Kubernetes
- Ansible, Chef
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, SQL
- Python, Java, C#, node.js, C++
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, long term career development and training we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.