We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
We are looking for an experienced project manager who is passionate about gaming to provide daily production support for their team(s). You will be the person that enables our best in class teams to focus on what they are good at and support them with administrative work and production support. The Development Director is responsible for the planning of time, resources and tracking progress working closely together with the other leads in the team. You will be a key person in the daily operation of the teams you work with.
What skills does DICE look for?
We believe that the successful candidate has proven leadership skills and desire to lead. At least 5 years working as a project manager; 2-3 years of experience working in a AAA game development environment; strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills; effective communication skills across all levels of an organization. A Development Director shall always know and be able to visualize and explain the status of their area.
We believe that you are comfortable and have experience working with (or equivalent):
- Agile development, using Scrum/Kanban/Lean
- Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Perform and act on Retrospectives
- Financial and contract administration
- Tools, e.g. Jira, HanSoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Perforce, etc.
Work task examples:
- Create and own overall project delivery plans
- Track and communicate project status
- Present options and drive the decision making process
- Manage and promote organizational structures
- Drive for on time delivery at quality
- Manage and track change
- Protect the team from external interference
- Identify delivery risks and mitigation plans
- Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
- Document and build usable knowledge repositories
- Drive effective use of current processes, e.g. Scrum, Kanban Identify and act on opportunities for drive process innovation and improvement, e.g. through retrospectives
- Document and share learnings, e.g. in team, with other DD’s or stakeholders
Communication and Collaboration
- Drive and document meetings
- Ensure the teams have all the necessary information to do their job
- Maintain an environment that promotes and encourages collaboration
- Manage communication with project stakeholders, e.g. required reporting and expectation management
- Manage communication with external parties
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we strive to practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!