We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Content Craft Manager with experience in managing people and enable our amazing staff to thrive and develop in their careers.
The purpose of the Content Craft Manager is to provide lateral support outside the game team hierarchy, focused on growing individuals long term. Our Content Craft Managers are responsible for building and sustaining a strong and versatile production force, so that DICE can build any game and service that we decide to pursue. A Content Craft Manager works with recruiting, building, coaching and mentoring individuals, both on a personal and a craft level.
They work close to the game teams to understand the project needs, challenges and possibilities. By not being embedded in a specific project or franchise, the Content Craft Managers will find synergies, enable collaboration, nurture personal growth, craft specialization and career. Each Content Craft Manager is responsible for multiple individuals spread across the teams. They act as an executive extension of the Content Craft leadership and studio management.
Who you are
- A senior individual with work experience and a solid, reliable and down-to-earth person.
- You have experience in game development and multiple years of experience with content creation. This background is essential in order to evaluate and challenge the content creators in a healthy and constructive way.
- You have strong soft skills; including listening, coaching, mentoring, explaining, etc.
- You are competent with structure and order. Documentation and clear planning is important.
What you will be doing
- Communicating information from and to studio management.
- Staying informed and up-to-date with project goals, status and team health.
- Support and coach individuals. Manage long term goals and career.
- Staffing and recruitment.
- Coaching and mentoring the content team to be stronger and more versatile, to enable efficient and healthy production.
- Performance reviews and salary discussions.
- Studio wide training.
- You will not be leading a defined team, but instead work at an individual level with multiple developers.
- You will report directly to the Content Craft Director.
- 1-to-1 meetings.
- Convey feedback and encourage a direct and transparent communication practice when possible.
- Pro-actively be involved with projects beyond 1-on-1’s, by talking to other people in the team and attend team meetings and reviews.
- Interviews with new hires.
- Maintain and update documents on staffing, recruitment and studio information.
- Report and inform core project leads on team health and concerns raised.
- Onboarding of new hires.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We thought you might also like to know…
The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English. Because there is a focus on artistic skill, if possible please also send a link to your portfolio. As part of the application process, we might also ask you to take on a practical work test.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!