We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
Role of a Backend Software Engineer at DICE LA
- Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services using Scala
- Leverage modern open-source stacks including Scala and Finagle
- Deploy services on AWS using Apache Mesos and monitor them together with our SRE team
- Work closely with front-end developers as part of a feature team
- Be responsible for performance testing at the server level and load testing at the service level (using tools such as Locust)
- Be proactive about service errors, interruptions and performance issues
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent skills in developing distributed back-end services
- Understand full service stack, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back-end
- Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
- Great communication skills that supports a collaborative working environment
Desired and Bonus Skills:
- Experience with JVM and Scala
- Experience with Apache Mesos and/or Cassandra
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Comfortable working with Unix type systems
- Experience in the games industry
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.