We Are DICE
EA entertains millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, (with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 1 being the latest instalment) as well as the lauded rebirth of the Star Wars: Battlefront Franchise.
DICE is looking for a highly driven Voice Over Designer Intern to work alongside their in-house VO team, as they record and implement vocal assets for high-profile, action-packed titles for PS4, Xbox One and PC. We want you to be passionate about making great games, demonstrate excellent voice production skills, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator, and whilst some prior knowledge of game-creation is a bonus, it isn’t expected.
What Skills Does DICE Look For?
- Desire to develop narrative, vo production, and engineering skills.
- Proficient with modern studio hardware, recording techniques, and software such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Sound Forge, Waves plugins, RX etc.
- Proficient with recording gear and techniques.
- Outstanding vo production skills and listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong artistic and narrative sense.
- Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity etc. useful but not essential
- Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, useful but not essential
The internship is a non-paid and temporary employment. The internship needs to be associated with a University education in Sweden related to audio or any other type of audio education that has an internship period planned into the course. Audio internships preferably run for 3 months over the run-up to summer vacations.