We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for wildly creative applicants who have a real passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, teammate mentality.
- Implement menu flows and HUD components to design specifications using visual scripting
- Maintain usability and quality of UI elements throughout production
- Assist in advocating best practices to the content team
- Work closely with other disciplines to implement HUD UI for gameplay
- Take feedback from the design team to improve workflows and support features
- Drive communication and collaboration between all departments with regards to your work
- Set priorities and objectives together with key stakeholders
- Participate in or lead critiquing your work and the work of others
- A minimum of one shipped AAA title as a designer, FPS experience is a plus
- 1+ year of experience in the design of gameplay systems within multiplayer or co-op titles
- Passionate about games
- An interest in specializing in UI
- Ability to work autonomously and think proactively
- Creative and flexible when faced with constraints
- Editor experience (for engines such as Frostbite or Unreal)
- Proficiency with visual scripting or C-style scripting languages
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
Valuable additional skills:
- Experience using mod tools to tweak or enhance existing games
- Experience working with programming languages
- Strong creative problem solver that challenges the status quo
- Continuously learning, and seeking opportunities to improve
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.