Frostbite is looking for a UX Designer to join the team in Stockholm!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, as well as games such as Star Wars: Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst and EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour.
Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create games with our proprietary tools. They need efficient, robust and intuitive workflows in order to create awesome games!
We think you are a UX Designer with application development experience. You will be part of our team responsible for shaping the overall user experience of Frostbite, to increase our user’s productivity and creativity as they build the world’s best games. You will also help establish and improve user-centered design process in the broader development team.
In order to effectively communicate designs, this role will be expected to create detailed user personas, journeys, and flows, as well as storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Develop user experience design of key features from conception to launch
- Research the experience of our internal users to identify top opportunities for improvement
- Conduct heuristic evaluations and work with engineers to address usability issues.
- Mentor teammates on user centered design principles and methodologies
- Develop detailed user personas and flows, wireframes, flowcharts, mockups and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements
- Organize usability testing, focus groups, interviews, and surveys to validate interaction design and product direction
- Thrive in a fast paced work environment requiring independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline, or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of software user experience/interaction design.
- 5+ years relevant experience in User Experience Design for desktop or mobile applications, or web.
- Proficiency in user experience design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Omnigraffle)
- Strong creative problem solver that challenges the status quo
- Highly motivated self-starter; capable of operating with minimal management oversight.
- Experience in the design of complex applications, especially 3D art tools, but including sophisticated enterprise software
What’s in it for you?
At Frostbite you will work with a world class development team working in a very diverse set of domains. You will also get to collaborate with the passionate, creative and talented members of our worldwide game developer community.
We value our staff and in addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
We enjoy working at Frostbite, and also respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long term success!
The position is permanent, full-time and in Stockholm. You must be legally eligible to work in Sweden, and we will prioritize local candidates. Please submit your cover letter and CV in English and attach your portfolio when applying for this position.
We look forward to hearing from you!