Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We Are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Frostbite Quality Engineering Technical Director is responsible for providing technology solutions and engineering services in support of Frostbite’s game development and test processes. This role will influence both the tactical project level decisions at Frostbite and strategic evolution of the worldwide Quality Engineering team, part of EA’s global QA organization.
As a critical partner of development and test teams, the Technical Director provides engineering, architecture & quality consulting to the development team and QA groups. The Technical Director drives the tools & testing groups to ensure we deliver the leading entertainment products and ecosystems. The Technical Director also manages a globally distributed team of Software Engineers to ensure the critical tools and technical solutions are placed in the hands of our development and test teams.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide strategic planning and direction in the areas of integrating, testing, and releasing the tools and software frameworks for the group.
- Lead the development of tools and release strategy.
- Drive innovation and manage opportunities.
- Be accountable for the technical proficiency of the QA team.
Implementation & Deployment
- Conduct code reviews, and establish a robust quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and oversee the release process for tools products.
- Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures.
- Provide consulting to game teams and central technology providers on strategies at the component, sub-system, system level and services.
- Provide technical oversight and direction to the embedded and distributed development teams responsible for developing and supporting products.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations.
- Promote achievement of the tools team business goals and develop policies for sharing software code, technological innovation and business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Help create a strong and coherent technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
- Ensure that all team members are provided with opportunities to achieve business and personal goals.
- Strive to continuously create an open communication channel with each team member.
- Participate in recruitment, training & coaching of engineers to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years’ industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and/or software development.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- Solid experience with C++ and C#, Angular.
- Previous gaming experience.
- Excellent organizational communication and management skills with a strong desire to contribute to a unique creative environment by utilizing world-wide talent.
- Project management skills demonstrated by the ability to define tasks in a well-organized manner, based on proper resource and time management.
- Experience managing and mentoring both junior and senior engineers across multiple locations
- Training and presentation skills.
If you are ready to make a difference with world-class technologies, in delivering products that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we want to hear from you! Please apply with a motivation letter & CV in English.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.