We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
For development teams looking to increase efficiencies and improve quality of their software, one of the most important places to focus is the software build process. This is where EA Development Release and Engineering comes in (DRE).
We are looking for an engineer to work in the Frostbite organization. You would be working mainly with the Frostbite Continuous Integration and Deployment systems to ensure a high availability and service for the Engine being the core of franchises such as FIFA, Battlefield, Need for Speed and many more.
You would also collaborate with other teams in EA Europe in the different studios we work with, such as Criterion and Ghost Games to spread knowledge and make sure that we get the most out of our tech stack.
What a Support build Engineer does at EA:
This is a challenging role that will demand knowledge and experience from multiple disciplines within software development and practices as well as treating different people on a daily basis who need help or advice. Hence it is essential to be a great communicator since interaction with the game teams is key to secure a high quality service. You will be in the center of the Frostbite Continuous Integration and Deployment systems and help the development engineers get the most out of it, and at the same time getting the input we need as a team to further evolve and improve our tech stack to meet constantly new challenges and opportunities.
You will also negotiate requirements with senior Technical Directors within Frostbite, developing these into detailed backlog items and then work with the team to ensure they are delivered as forecasted.
You will also be responsible for the development of build scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control, build systems and issue tracking. We will work closely with the other development teams as well as our quality assurance and automation teams to ensure final version is up to organizational standards.
- Superb communications skills, you really like networking
- Strong language skills, well spoken & written English
- Good knowledge of Software development and practices, including for example C#, Java, scripting languages, and choosing the right language for the job.
- Excellent knowledge of CM & CI/CD systems and practices
- By your experience you have a good understanding and feel for the full flow of software production, from requirements to deliverables
Would be useful to have
- Experience of Jenkins CI
- Knowledge of Perforce, vSphere / VMware, server Configuration Management
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence
- Interest and knowledge of agile methodologies
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees
- 25+ vacation days
- Flexible work times
- Occupational pension
- 10 EA games per year
- Free massages
- A variety of sports activities and health care allowance
- We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer
- We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long term success!
We will review applications continuously. Apply online with a resume and cover letter in English. We look forward to receiving your application!