We are Frostbite
Frostbite is looking for a software engineer to join the team in Stockholm!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises like Battlefield, FIFA, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Dragon Age and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, as well as games such as Star Wars: Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst and Madden.
You will be working as part of a small team, directly engaged with game teams around the globe to deliver outstanding physics innovation and performance on PS4, Xbox One, PC and new platforms as they emerge. The role will include opportunities to grow your experience and skills and work directly with our users.
What a Software Engineer does at Frostbite Physics
- Collaborate in a distributed team on the continued development of our collision, rigid body simulation, cloth, destruction, character physics and other libraries
- Develop tools, workflows and user interfaces to empower game makers
- Execute on all aspects of software engineering including testing, debugging, documentation and optimisation
- Work closely with our customers to understand their needs and deliver on their highest priority features and requirements
- Build up engineering skills and physics simulation knowledge with experienced team members
- Participate in ensuring that our designs are simple and effective, backed up with great documentation (with the aim of accelerating ease of use and future maintenance)
As a Software Engineer you will need
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Good level understanding of mechanics and mathematics
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming
- Great communication skills and some experience in presenting project work
- To be willing to learn and have a real desire to make an impact on EA games
Desirable skills (one or more is an advantage)
- Good understanding of numerical methods and simulation
- Knowledge of game physics and animation
- Experience of developing games, modding or demoscene either solo or as part of a team
- Compute shader experience
- Parallel computation experience
Please note that the nature of our business may require that certain aspects of this job description may be subject to modification and change during the individual’s period of employment.
At Frostbite, we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and a health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and provide our employees with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. We look forward to receiving your application!