Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
You will be part of our team developing core applications, services and frameworks for the Frostbite game authoring toolchain. Our software is a critical part of our content creators daily work, providing tools for asset creation and tuning using our development tools and infrastructure.
- Together with the team, develop and maintain our critical applications and services
- Collaborate with engineers on teams in Stockholm and our other development sites
- Work with game teams around the world to understand their specific needs
- Strong C++, data-driven design, and software architecture skills
- Comfortable working within an established code base
- Self-motivated and collaborative attitude
- Experience in building robust, high-performance concurrent software
- Eager to know more and thrives in a learning culture
- Experience of data processing and data management
- Experience implementing databases or file systems
- Some experience with recent web technologies and HTTP
- Experience with agile development practices
What’s in it for you?
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success! We provide 6 weeks of flexible vacation and are openly against working overtime.
At Frostbite we take care of our team members! We provide our employees with occupational pension and we have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees a variety of sports activities, generous health care allowance, massage and a bunch of free games every year.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English explaining “Why I want to work at Frostbite”.
We look forward to receiving your application!