We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you’ve ever realized. We’re more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we’re a vibrant community of over 8,000 artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA’s platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to thrive, take risks and dream big. Our unique studios create amazingly creative and fun games – fast paced puzzles, adrenaline filled warfare, galaxy spanning adventures, high speed racing, and sports so realistic you can practically feel the grass under your feet.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we’re currently going through an exciting digital transformation. The effects of this on EA’s business have been profound. In fiscal year 2014, 45% ($1.8 billion) of our non-GAAP net revenues came from digital offerings. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $86 billion in 2016.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company can deliver EA’s portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone..
What a Software Engineer, Systems test engineering does at EA:
The Software Engineer, System test engineering is responsible for building tools and technologies to support performance testing of EA’s back-end software development.
Fully embedded within the DICE studio and working along with the System Test Technical Director, Engineering Program Manager, the Software Engineer, System test engineering will work closely with the System Test Technical Director, game teams, backend developers to integrate QE technologies, create test frameworks, enable automated testing, collect metrics and generate reports. The SE will focus on the testing of DICE’s large-scale back-end infrastructure including the game servers used for titles such as Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with one of the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment.
DICE Stockholm is well known for the Battlefield series, an industry blockbuster that continues to redefine the first person shooter experience. In addition to Battlefield DICE has also published the innovative Mirror’s Edge title and is working on some exciting new projects that will be sure to thrill players around the world.
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA’s platform and infrastructure to understand the underlying drivers of high availability and lead the effort of developing, execution and maintenance of backend test automation.
- Develop and maintain tools, workflows and technologies to support highly reliable test environments.
- Understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Create detailed performance test plans which includes System reliability, resilience and fault tolerance tests based on the Test strategy given by the System Test Technical Director.
- Lead, coordinate and execute integrated performance tests with teams spread across different geographies time zones, generate reports capturing key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with remote test engineering team based in India to ensure timely delivery of end to end test suite.
The next great EA Software Engineer, Systems test engineering also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree.
- Over 3 yearss of relative experience
- Expertise in object oriented design/programming
- Experience with the following programming and scripting languages (C++, Scala, Python)
- Experience working with Gatling will be a plus.
- knowledge in scalable micro services architectures.
- Experience with large-scale network infrastructure, cloud based services (EC2) and protocols required.
- Experience in the development and testing of large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to execute and monitor tests.
- Ability to analyze and document test results.
- Ability to clearly communicate with development partners regarding test requirements, development and results.
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change.
- Passion and creativity for problem solving
- Goal driven achiever with high productivity.
- Ability to see, understand and work within the wider strategic picture.
- Resourceful and innovative – identify issues and implement solutions, as required.
- A passion for gaming and a highly analytical and creative thinker
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. We offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
he position is temporary position for 12 months with a possibility of extension.
Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!’