SEED is an R&D organization within Electronic Arts whose purpose is to research and develop the future of interactive entertainment and games. Our areas of research include virtual and augmented reality, how to build the game worlds of the future, procedural content generation, and deep learning, i.e. neural networks and other machine learning techniques applied to game AI and game design.
We collaborate with game franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed and Dragon Age, as well as games such as Star Wars: Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst and EA Sports FIFA.
SEED is looking for a Systems Engineer, specializing in distributed systems, continuous integration and deployment, tools, and cloud computing.
What skills is SEED looking for?
As a Systems Engineer you will be working with all of SEED, teams such as Deep Learning, Future Worlds and Virtual Humans. You will help design and build the frameworks needed for large compute loads as well as the infrastructure and systems required for large distributed simulation and gaming platforms. More specifically we expect you to:
- Be an expert on distributed systems architecture and communication protocols
- Build or procure tools and frameworks to provision cloud computing resources for all of SEED
- Build tools to help analyze and debug machine learning systems and self-learning agents
- Be prepared to lead framework, infrastructure and tool projects
- Provide data on hardware, software and cloud for budgeting
- Educate other SEED/EA employees in your area of expertise
We work in small teams, and we expect you to not only to take initiative, but also to work hands-on in our projects.
We also think you have:
- Expert level Linux skills, Windows skills is a bonus
- Expert level software engineering skills, you know Python and C++ or C#/Java
- Have experience from CI, CD, monitoring and automated testing frameworks
- The will to learn new tools and frameworks when necessary
- The ability to collaborate with other EA organization and external partners
- Communication skills needed to advice and support framework/platform users
What’s in it for you?
We take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we will offer you:
- Annual bonus
- EA stock
- Flexible work times
- Occupational pension
- 10 free EA games per year
- Free massages
- A variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
- We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long term success!
We look forward to receiving your application!