We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking a Sr. World Artist who is passionate about creating compelling environments and is eager to join us in our drive to push quality to the next level.
As a Sr. World Artist you will be responsible for:
Work task examples:
- Create, edit, and optimize realistic 3d environments
- Create a variety of models (structures, terrain, props) from photo reference and concept
- Partner with design team to support encounters, narrative elements and objectives
- Conduct photo reference shoots
- Provide artistic guidance to internal artists
Skills We Look For:
- Expert knowledge of Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Strong sense of scene composition
- Thorough understanding of how environments affect gameplay
- Superior eye for lighting, color and detail
- Experience working with physically based rendering
- Ability to find solutions from a visual, production, and technical perspective
- Passion for pushing asset fidelity and refining production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio or show reel.
- Contact our recruiter, Sylvia Ashley at email@example.com
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.