WE ARE DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. To do this, we employ the most creative, passionate people.DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise and the latest instalment of the Star Wars series Battlefront II.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Rendering Engineer. You will work on our game teams to support and enable our graphics artists, as well as improving performance and pushing our technology forward. As a member of the rendering team at DICE, you are part of a highly skilled group of engineers. Your contributions will not only affect DICE technology but games across all of EA through our close collaboration with the Frostbite Engine team, also located here in Stockholm. You are a talented, self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being a part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
What skills does DICE look for?
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Extensive software engineering experience, preferably in the games industry and/or from areas where concurrency, memory and performance is of high importance
- Expert C++, data-driven design, and architecture skills
- At least 6+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in the games industry
- Experience leading a team of strong experts
- Self-driven with a developed sense of quality
- Great communication skills that support an open working environment
- Experience researching, developing & optimizing (CPU/GPU/SPU) rendering techniques & systems on multiple platforms
- Experience developing art & content pipelines/workflows
- You have shipped one or more AAA game titles in a position as rendering engineer.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at DICE.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English explaining “Why I want to work at DICE”.
We look forward to receiving your application!