Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The challenge ahead
We are looking for a Senior Quality Analyst for the core Frostbite Stockholm team. You will be part of the Frostbite QA team – reporting into our WWQA organization – for coordinating, organizing, and executing work assigned from the manager, ensuring consistency with process, methodologies, and results. Your primary goal is to achieve a high level of quality for the Frostbite engine through executing and improving upon a quality program of extensive end-to-end tests, integration tests, and release/change management processes.
You will be expected to partner with development and game teams internally and externally to help improve the test and development processes, and proactively provide support as needed – Private Build Testing, Complex Bug Isolation, Risk Analysis, and Regressions. You will become a driver of the quality process and an expert of the Frostbite engine with all its associated in-house and 3rd party tools.
While the main focus is to identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently, you will be expected to help lead and be accountable for the members of your team, helping coach and mentor team members with the direction of the management team.
What a QA Analyst does at Frostbite/WWQA
The Quality Analyst is a software quality expert that applies black box testing and enables automated testing techniques as well as in-depth understanding of system design, implementation and integration to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. This requires strong test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
What skills does Frostbite/WWQA look for?
- Demonstrable QA testing experience.
- Experience with games and game engines, content & asset editors, software tools, and shared technologies will be an asset.
- Skills with Computer Graphics, 3D Art, Lighting or VFX.
- Familiarity with Development Tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Proficiency in Defect tracking tools (JIRA) and Test management tools (TestRail).
- Strong understanding of Software Development processes and continuous development.
- Experience with QA practices, methodologies, and bug prevention strategies.
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- A strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership.
- C#/C++ experience is considered a good asset.
What’s in it for you?
At EA we take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success!
If this opportunity sounds exciting please submit your cover letter and CV in English.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.