Research Scientist – Deep Learning (Los Angeles)
SEED is a new R&D organization within Electronic Arts whose purpose is to explore new technologies and the creative opportunities that they can enable for our future games. Our areas of research include virtual reality, how we build game worlds, procedural content generation, creating truly realistic characters, and deep learning, i.e. neural networks and other machine learning techniques applied to game AI and game design.
We collaborate with teams all across Electronic Arts such as Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Star Wars and Dragon Age, as well as upcoming new games and experiences.
We are seeking research engineers to join an expanding team working on applications of deep learning and related techniques in games.
What skills does SEED seek?
- PhD or equivalent experience in machine learning, computer science, physics or mathematics
- Demonstrated knowledge and creative contributions to machine learning, e.g. in the form of research publications and/or open-source software.
- Math skills including, linear algebra, probability theory, and numerical optimization
- Numpy, Matlab, Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar
- Interest in or knowledge of computer games, computer graphics, or computer vision.
We seek an open and curious person who is eager to learn and teach. You get a kick out of taking bleeding-edge ideas, investigating and adapting them to real use cases for gaming. This is a diverse team with big ambitions, and we expect you to work with a wide range of tasks as well as taking initiative.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Python and C++
- Software engineering skills for prototyping ideas
- The sky is the limit of your ideas. Pursue dreams and start working on making them come true.
- We only hire nice people. We look after each other and come from diverse backgrounds.
- You work from where you have the greatest opportunity of reaching your goals.
- You’re in charge of your time. We value passion, impact and results over hours.
- You’re encouraged to share your work, publish, open source and speak at conferences.
- Each project is unique. We need you to use your imagination and push boundaries.
- Each person is unique. We offer individual coaching and support to help you reach your own full potential.
- You will be part of shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
What,s in it for you?
We take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we will offer you:
- Annual bonus
- EA stock
- Flexible work times
- Competitive 401K with match
- 10 free EA games per year
- We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long term success!
We look forward to receiving your application!