The Challenge Ahead:
As the QA Project Lead, you’ll be embedded with the Game Team, working hand-in-hand with producers, engineers, artists, and designers to test and analyze the game product. You’ll define and execute on the test strategy for the QA group and will be the ultimate champion of quality for the product.
In addition, rather than typical black box testing, one of your main challenges will be to focus on defect prevention – that is, upstream testing and analysis to thwart the introduction of bugs into the integrated game code – designing test strategies, capturing qualitative assessments and usability feedback, and ensuring the highest caliber of quality for our titles.
What a QA Project Lead does at EA:
The QA Project Lead will maintain projects within defined schedules and ensure deliverables are completed on time and within EA’s high quality standards. This also means providing status updates to key stakeholders.
You will create, maintain and execute holistic test plans for the product line, and partner with internal and external stakeholders/teams from multiple disciplines to drive test strategies, foster process improvement and keep quality high.
You will be responsible for driving the day-to-day interactions on the product, ensuring that the local and any external partner teams have the materials and information necessary to succeed and troubleshooting any hurdles being encountered. You will collate feedback, bug data and project metrics in order to identify trends and escalate risks together with mitigation plan suggestions.
The QA Project Lead will also oversee the work of embedded Quality Analysts through proactive guidance on proper task execution and prioritization. You will provide people management, focused on role progression and growth of responsibilities of the team.
The next great QA Project Lead needs:
- A passion for games and delivering high value/high quality experiences for our players
- Must be innovative, proactive and flexible, always looking for opportunities to work in new ways to improve and evolve process.
- Recognize, communicate and mitigate risks to project delivery.
- Strong Customer focus both in terms of development partners and also end users.
- To be able to develop and foster strong working relationships with development teams and integrate a development QA support strategy into the development process
- An ability to mitigate risks and potential areas of concern with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Proven organizational skills with experience managing a local AND external QA teams
- To exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills to convey issues clearly and concisely
- An ability to think outside of the box to anticipate user trends
- Focus on opportunities for tools and process development that makes testing more efficient and drives down risk
- To develop and produce reports that accurately communicate project status and progress
- An ability to seek out and take on new tasks, identify, analyze and seek out resolutions on their own and to work with little direction or supervision
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience working on games or products as a live service
- Minimum 1 year of project management and people management experience
- Minimum 4 years of previous games industry experience in an embedded environment
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English. Don´t forget at link to your portfolio or reel.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
We will review applicants continuously so please apply as soon as possible. Please submit your cover letter and CV in English.