We Are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 4 being the latest installment.
The Challenge Ahead
DICE is now looking for a Level Artist with solid technical knowledge and skills that are able to push a programmer to generate new innovative looks, lighting, and moods in their levels. You are used to push yourself and others hard to achieve amazing results, you are also flexible to change and able to modify their work if it will result in improving the overall ambiance of the world they’re creating. The Level Artist must have a passion for building new and innovative worlds.
The Next Great Level Artist At DICE Needs
- The ability to think in 3D
- Drawing/sketching skills that display basic skills as well as any modeling and texture work related to objects, buildings, natural terrain, etc.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume
- Good use of light and shadow
- Breadth of artistic styles
- An understanding of optimization
- Excellent sense of scale and level of finish
- Experience with 3D Software such as Maya
- Highly commitment to deadlines with ability to set realistic time estimates for own work
- Proactive and driven
- An excellent eye for detail and focus on delivering the very best quality
- Team player and good collaboration skills
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We are looking for several Level Artists and the positions could be for both permanent and temporary roles and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.