We are DICE Operations
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 4 being the latest installment. DICE Operations creates and operates the next-generation services that power Battlefield, Star Wars & Mirror’s Edge.
The challenge ahead
We are looking for someone that is highly interested in Systems Engineering and would like to take on his/her Master Thesis in this area. The research will focus mainly on “Automating testing of large-scale backend systems”.
The ideal candidate would have the following profile:
- Strong knowledge of Python or JVM languages.
- Solid knowledge in C++
- Solid understanding of system performance and system monitoring.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and automated system deployment. Acquaintance with CM systems such as Puppet or Chef.
- Solid understanding of Computer Networking.
- An interest in games and operating large-scale backend systems.
Please note this is an unpaid internship that is to be a part of your ongoing university education. We are not able to provide relocation services for this role, so we will prioritize candidates already residing in Sweden. You will be asked to take on a programming test in C++ in the recruitment process. Please send your CV and cover letter as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.