We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for wildly creative designers who have a strong passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, team player mentality.
- Create, communicate and champion designs for select gameplay systems within a large project
- Drive communication and collaboration between all departments towards your designs
- Set priorities and objectives together with key stakeholders
- Work closely with other disciplines to implement your designs
- Use feedback and telemetry to edit your designs and hone the player experience
- Participate in or lead critiquing your work and the work of others
- A minimum of one shipped AAA title as a designer
- 2+ years of experience in the design of gameplay systems within multiplayer or co-op titles
- Passionate about games
- Ability to work autonomously and think proactively
- Be creative and flexible when faced with constraints
- Editor experience (for engines such as Frostbite or Unreal)
- Proficiency with visual scripting tools or scripting languages
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
Valuable additional skills:
- Engineer background
- Background in statistics or analytics