We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
Role of a Frontend Web Engineer at DICE LA
- Work creatively with a team of producers, designers and software engineers to produce world-class player experiences
- Own and build a feature from concept to a production environment to reach millions of players
- Write, test, benchmark and debug solid and maintainable UI code that performs at 60 FPS
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in web markup and layout (HTML5/CSS)
- Understand full service stack, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back-end
- Great communication skills that supports a collaborative working environment
Desired and Bonus Skills:
- Experience with TypeScript, React, MobX, and/or other frameworks
- Experience with creating responsive web designs and a good understanding of CSS Flexbox
- Knowledge of native rendering mechanics
- Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
- Experience in the games industry
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.