DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield V. DICE is also home of the Frostbite Engine, Star Wars: Battlefront II, as well as being the creators of Mirror’s Edge.
The challenge ahead
There was once a time when video game developers would make a game, release it, and then move onto the next big thing. Thankfully that time has long since passed. With Battlefield and our other titles we aim to provide an evolving experience where we will continually interact with and entertain our players for years to come. Needless to say this will be our most ambitious live service undertaking to date!
You will face these challenges together with a small team of colleagues from all over the world. Together you have the opportunity to innovate, build and create technical solutions that are on the frontline of the gaming industry.
What a Frontend Software Engineer does at DICE Operations:
We believe that in order to provide the best possible experience for our players we need the best tools possible! As a Frontend engineer at DICE Ops you will be designing, implementing, and maintaining internal web-based tools that will be used by our Live team to engage with millions of our players across the globe.
The next great Frontend Software Engineer should have:
- Experience architecting innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices.
- Experience in web markup and layout (HTML5/CSS).
- Great communication skills that supports a collaborative working environment – excellent spoken and written English is a must.
- Experience with TypeScript, React, MobX, and/or other common frameworks.
Good to have:
- Full stack understanding, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back-end.
- Experience of practical software engineering, preferably having experienced at least one new product launch.
- Experience providing simple UX in front of complex systems.
- Contributions to Open Source projects is a plus.
- Experience in the games industry.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE Operations we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
At DICE Ops, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We thought you might also want to know
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!