Frostbite is a platform for game development within EA and is used by key franchises such as Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age and Mass Effect. The technology is used exclusively by EA teams and studios, and our powerful runtime and workflows are highly configurable and cover all aspects of development including Audio, Animation, Cinematics, Scripting, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Destruction, Rendering, Visual Effects, and more. Frostbite games are in development for current and future platforms
The challenge ahead
We are looking for a talented person who is passionate about software development to provide daily team leadership within our Frostbite teams. We believe in strong, empowered teams with technical excellence that can deliver on our ambitious vision and goals. The Development Manager (equivalent to Project Manager) work in partnership with the Development Director to lead teams inside a technical domain under one common Product Owner. It’s the Development Managers job to work hands on and coach the teams to be autonomous and nurture a culture of learning. Our development managers and directors work closely together to improve processes and team health for all teams at Frostbite.
What a Development Manager at Frostbite does
- Together with the Development Director, lead 3 teams inside a technology domain
- Identifies areas of process improvement and leads change
- Coach and motivate teams to remove obstacles and reach their goals
- Visualize team and product metrics for the team, the studio and external stakeholders
- Risk analysis and mitigation techniques
- Coordinate with other Frostbite teams to reach common goals and share visibility in the team’s work
- Coordinate with other EA game teams regarding requests and feedback on feature and support
- Drive initiatives to increase engagement within the team
Our next Development Manager probably
- Has at least 2 years of experience working with agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- Has experience working with creative, high-performing software teams
- Has a technical background or solid technical understanding
- Has experience working in complex, rapid-moving projects
- Has passion for visualizing team progress and metrics
- Has passion for communication and transparency within the teams and studio
- Has passion for making teams and individuals grow
- Has strong language skills – excellent spoken and written English
- Is an excellent team player with great collaboration skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. We look forward to receiving your application!
We thought you might also want to know
We will review applications continuously, but please note that there will be a delay in our response until mid-August due to summer holidays. Apply online with a resume and cover letter in English, stating “Why I want to work at Frostbite”. We look forward to receiving your application!