Frostbite is a platform for game development within EA and is used by key franchises such as Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Star Wars Battlefront. The technology is used exclusively by EA teams and studios. Our powerful runtime and workflows are highly configurable and cover all domains of development including Audio, Animation, Cinematics, Scripting, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Destruction, Rendering, Visual Effects, and more. Frostbite games are in development for current and future platforms
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for a talented Development Manager who is passionate about software development to provide daily team leadership within our teams. We believe in strong, empowered teams with technical excellence that can deliver on our ambitious vision and goals.
A Development Manager at Frostbite is responsible for project management and agile processes in one or more agile teams. The Development Manager partners with teams to ensure that they are successful and reports to the Development Director in the domain.
What a Development Manager does at Frostbite
As a Development Manager, you will have the following responsibilities in one or more teams:
- Facilitate team processes and remove obstacles.
- Ensure the team has realistic goals for projects and software quality and help the team to reach those goals.
- Manage projects and provide project metrics, internally for the team to make informed decisions and externally for stakeholders.
- Track and report metrics on support, bugs and technical debt.
- Coach teams to become highly effective, using agile principles and practices.
- Collaborate with other Frostbite teams to reach common goals.
- Coordinate with other EA game teams regarding requests and feedback on features and support.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to
- Manage cross-team and cross-domain projects.
- Improve processes across the whole development organization.
We expect that our next Development Manager probably
- Has at least 3 years of experience working with agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban or Scrum) as a project manager and/or agile coach.
- Has experience working with creative, high-performing software teams.
- Has a technical background or solid technical understanding.
- Has experience working in complex, rapid-moving projects.
- Has passion for visualizing team progress and metrics.
- Has passion for communication and transparency within team and organization.
- Has passion for making teams and individuals grow.
- Has strong language skills – excellent spoken and written English.
- Is an excellent team player with great collaboration skills.
- Has a passion for games and making games.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. We look forward to receiving your application!
We thought you might also want to know
We will review applications continuously. Apply with a resume and cover letter in English, stating “Why I want to work at Frostbite”. We look forward to receiving your application!