We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 4 being the latest installment. We are also the home of Star Wars Battlefront and Mirrors Edge: Catalyst.
Combat Gameplay Designer
We are now looking for Combat Gameplay Designer. As Combat Gameplay Designer at DICE you play a crucial role when it comes to the quality of the combat gameplay and delivery of design specifications for combat systems. As Combat Gameplay Designer you will be responsible for guiding the technical designers as well as collaborating with level designers, animators and other disciplines.
The person we are looking for should have experience from game design and core combat gameplay. The role also requires that you have excellent documentation and communication skills. In addition to this we would like for you to have shipped at least two AAA titles. So if you are looking for working with the very best in the industry and in a highly creative environment, send us your application today!
- Quality of the combat gameplay
- Delivery of design specifications for combat systems
- Guide technical designers and collaborate with other disciplines to an implementation according to your design
- Define pillars for the combat loop that is in line with the overall design direction of the game
- Collaborate with level designers so that gameplay spaces and combat system work in harmony
- At least two shipped AAA titles for consoles in the action or FPS genre
- Thorough documentation skills
- Great communication and feedback skills
- Proven skills in gameplay systems design
- Experience from working in a relevant game engine toolset
Experience & Qualities Sought:
- 5 + years of Game Design Experience from Action/FPS games
- Experience from designing core combat gameplay from the ground up in at least one FPS title
- Experience in designing weapons, gameplay abilities and/or levels is meriting
- Deep understanding of current trends in gaming and in particular the Shooter genre
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, long term career development and training we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online or with a combined CV, introduction letter and portfolio in English.