We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry. DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield 1.
The next great Cinematic Artist needs
We are searching for an “All-round 3D-Artist” to join our successful Media Team. As a Cinematic Artist, you will work alongside a team of creative artists and editors to help create our world-class trailers that we use to market our games. You will have responsibility for shot layout, animation, lighting and rendering to achieve the final creative vision as set forward by your Director. Your background can be from film/TV VFX work or AAA Games Cinematics production. But experience with realtime graphics is strongly preferred.
- An artist with a proven track-record of delivering multiple successful projects. 5 years minimum experience is preferred.
- Experience creating world-class animation or cinematic shots, on time and on brief.
- Solution-focused with the ability to dive technically deep while still maintaining focus on deadlines.
The next great Cinematic Artist also needs:
Extensive experience of a similar role within a dynamic commercial environment.
- Strong 3D skillsets in layout and animation.
- Experience with taking a shot from layout, through previs to the final result.
- Deep knowledge of cinematic language and camera direction.
- A passion for storytelling and an understanding of post-production pipelines.
- Experience with lighting either in-engine/3D-package or live action is a major plus.
Strong Program skills
- Deep knowledge in using 3d packages with a focus on Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Knowledge of real time engine technology is considered a major plus.
- Experience knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with Photoshop and After Effects expertise strongly preferred.
Strong written & verbal Communication Skills
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to action feedback and proactively address quality issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate to people at all levels, both internally & externally with clarity.
Extensive Problem Solving Skills
- Possess strong technical skills and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Sets clear priorities to optimally complete work tasks. Being able to use wide brush strokes to prove out a concept before spending time on the details.
- Able to work to designated deadlines & communicates progress when necessary.
- A motivated self-starter with a desire to contribute & improve.
- Excited about learning new workflows and adding insight into the production processes.
- Takes a team rather than an individual approach to their work.
- Stays committed to the team & company ethics; maintains a positive outlook in everything they do.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Please apply with a combined CV and introduction letter in English. Please also include a link to your portfolio or reel.
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Please note we are only considering local candidates for this role*