We are Uprise
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry but making games isn’t easy. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Our journey started with companion experiences and is now taking us to brand new places. We wish we could tell you more, but on our continued journey, we need a highly motivated back-end engineer to join our teams. Creating experiences for players of Battlefield, Star Wars™ Battlefront and other EA titles, our projects have grown both in number of users and developers over the last couple of years. We think we need not only cater for scaling and performance demand our users create, but also making sure we as developers stay productive. Therefore we want more talented engineers to join us in creating world-class game services supporting AAA games created at DICE and EA.
What a back-end software engineer at Uprise do
- Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services using Scala
- Leverage modern open-source stacks including Scala and Finagle
- Deploy services on AWS using Apache Mesos and monitor them together with our SRE team
- Work closely with front-end developers as part of a feature team
- Be responsible for performance testing at the server level and load testing at the service level (using tools such as Locust)
- Be proactive about service errors, interruptions and performance issues
- Excellent skills in developing distributed back-end services
- Understanding the full service stack, from UI in front-end to databases in back-end
- Strong language skills – with excellent spoken & written English
- Solid communication skills both spoken and written
- Experience with JVM and Scala
- Experience with Apache Mesos and/or Cassandra
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Active player of video games and bonus if a fan of DICE games
- Comfortable working with Unix type systems
- Tech oriented university degree
- Good command of Swedish
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
Read more about Uprise at uprise.se.
The position is permanent and can be based either in Uppsala or Stockholm, with occasional travel between those locations. Please apply online with CV and cover letter.