Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—FIFA, Battlefield, Apex Legends, The Sims, Mass Effect, and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from console to mobile to PC—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are looking for user researchers who have a solid foundation in studying the human experience, and who share our passion for great games. You not only love to play games, but you also have the skills and analytical mindset for understanding and improving the gaming experience. You are driven and excited to be part of a highly skilled and advanced team shaping the future of EA games on all platforms. Apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and innovative user experiences. Plan and conduct strategic research to help broaden the appeal of EA’s entertainment products and work closely with design and production teams to integrate user research into the development process.
- Work closely with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies to develop long-term user research plans and schedules for EA’s titles,
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (analysts, designers, product owners, market researchers, producers, etc.) to generate insights which deeply impact the trajectory of their product work
- Nurture maturity of the insights organization by contributing to the development and refinement of team-wide research processes, working closely with people managers to grow skillsets and capabilities on the global research team
- Provide direction and leadership to team members and peers by developing strategies, collaborating, articulating ideas and viewpoints, identifying and initiating insights projects, and driving the resolution of issues
- Plan and conduct user research activities for multiple EA products across multiple platforms (PC, Console, and Mobile), with emphasis on AAA development
- Gather and synthesize actionable data from a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, telemetry, etc.) and develop new methodologies that will pertain to unique gameplay experiences and new design challenges
- Effectively communicate research results to multiple levels of the organization in creative ways that drive impact, while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation
Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidates should have an advanced degree in human-computer interaction, experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years’ industry experience in research design and conducting user research for games, desirably on projects spanning different platforms and content genres
- Expertise in research design, fluency in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies throughout the product development lifecycle (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.), and an ability to assimilate new ideas and information quickly, to successfully recommend actions using objective data, and influence the actions taken based on that data.
- Ability to maintain balance between pragmatism and scientific rigor to deliver high quality insights that meet the needs of a changing business.
- Track record of delivering research insights that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions.
- Strong command of game design principles, preferably combined with practical insight in game development, UX design, or consumer or entertainment software industry.
- Ability to work independently and execute on directives with little direct oversight.
- Demonstrated skills in planning and managing projects, including resource and task planning, analyzing and managing project risk, monitoring progress, and documenting outcomes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a persuasive personality.Ability to move and inspire the organization to act on improvement opportunities, forge strong alliances within the organization and advocate for excellence in user experiences and for player-centric decision making.
- Ability to travel as required. (Estimated travel of 1 week per quarter.)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- First class offices
- Fun & supportive work environment
- Generous benefits
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Apply online with a combined CV and motivation letter (in English). Tell us about yourself. Tell us why you’re interested in joining our team!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.